Depending on the situation in each country, quite often at least one of the parents must work during the time, while the majority of the countries have closed the schools. Many people seem confused about what can be done to at least slightly mitigate the risks when you live in one household
You can mitigate the risks and try to protect your family by:
- Using a separate bathroom – if you have two bathrooms, you can use one for the person who works and has contact with the outside environment. Otherwise, you should be disinfecting the bathroom after each use.
- Keep the distance of 2 meters if possible
- Use separate towels, including your hand towels
- Ideally, one person who stays at home should be responsible for preparing meals. There is a reason why the majority of the countries decided to close all the restaurants and pubs but not take away.
- The Person who must go to work should responsible for shopping. This can be done e.g. after work and then can follow the normal procedure of taking their clothes and bathing/ taking a shower before having any contact with other members of the family.
- Wash your whole body and change clothes daily.
- Check your body temperature twice a day. Generally, nothing below 37.3 Celsius (99.14 Fahrenheit) would be considered as meaningful. (this guidance may change, so please make sure that you keep updated). Please remember that having higher than usual temperature doesn`t mean you are infected with coronavirus, but if you can you may want to choose self-solation.
- If your symptoms get more severe, do not go to the surgery or hospital. Call your local authorities first, they will be able to guide you.
- It`s a tricky one, but you may need to let your cleaner, cook, etc go unless they can apply the same rules as do. You should be stricter when it comes to cleaning and disinfecting.
- Do not leave your home if you don`t have to.
- Air your home frequently ( even up to 6 times a day)
- Do not invite family or friends
- Make sure that just in case you have other family members who can take care of the kids
- Wash your hands frequently
These measures do not guarantee 100% safety but can make a difference. The problem is that we are in the early days of this mess and new information is coming every day.
Do not PANIC! If you can self-isolate, please do it and this will prevent you from catching/spreading the virus.
Also, like us on Facebook so you don`t miss our next post.